At Camp Ghormley, our mission is: Lives transformed by Jesus through exceptional camping experiences.
By accomplishing our mission, we envision communities transformed by Christ as we partner with others to share God’s love.
In an effort to most effectively accomplish this mission and vision, we commit to the following core values:
- Christ-centered Camping: Whether in word or deed, all we do is for Christ’s glory so that His name may be proclaimed. Scripture, worship, prayer, and other spiritual disciplines will be central to how we structure our programming.
- Safety: We strive for the physical, emotional, and spiritual safety of each individual at camp.
- Nature-Focused Setting: Our aim is to provide an environment where those who come to Ghormley can hear God’s voice, whether through rest, reflection, teaching, or outdoor activities.
- Excellent Hospitality: We strive to create a welcoming environment by seeking excellence in all areas of service, including programs, facilities, food, and staff.
- Authentic Relationships: We desire that those who visit our facility will come as guests and leave as friends with us, other participants, and the Lord.
- Christ-like Service: We aspire to serve in a way that reflects Christ rather than ourselves.
- Lasting Memories: We strive to foster an environment that creates enduring memories for individuals, groups, and families for years to come.
- Fun: Creative and resourceful programming creates great experiences for young and old alike.
- Partnership: We are partners in not only in hosting, but developing, nurturing, and intentionally working together with families, churches, and other like-minded organizations and leaders to have collective transformational impact in our communities.
- Future Focused: Consistently working towards a long-term vision for a strong and vibrant ministry, preparing not only for the needs of today, but considering the needs of future generations of campers and staff.