PLEASE NOTE THAT THE INFORMATION BELOW HAS NOT BEEN UPDATED FOR THE 2023 SUMMER!
Camp Ghormley is excited to announce that we are providing horseback riding as a camp activity during the 2022 summer! Below are essential details to be aware of if your child wishes to participate in this activity.
- Rides are provided through White Pass Outfitters, who possess all necessary certifications, experience, staff, and equipment to facilitate rides for our campers. For more information on this aspect, please contact them directly at 509-832-4161 and let them know you are a parent of a Camp Ghormley camper who may be doing a ride.
- Ghormley staff will transport campers to and from the riding location in a Ghormley-owned vehicle
- The riding location is approximately 2 miles from Camp Ghormley (directly across Hwy 12 from our highway turnoff, at Soup Creek)
- Ghormley staff will supervise campers who are not riding at all times!
- For Primary, Junior, Middle School, and Teen Camps, a ride is $50 and is optional
- For Adventure Camps, the ride is included in the camp week and is included in the cost of camp.
- We will not charge your card on file for the ride until it has been completed (this saves time and paperwork headaches if your child changes their mind at the last minute, or if the ride has to be cancelled for some unforeseen reason).
- A signed waiver form is required (see below)
HOW TO SIGN UP
Log in to your child’s online account and go to the Forms section of the Dashboard, where you will find a form titled “Horseback Riding Agreement (Optional)”. DO NOT FILL THIS FORM OUT IF YOU DO NOT INTEND TO SIGN UP YOUR CHILD! Signing the form does not mean your camper is officially signed up for horseback riding, it means they are interested and willing to participate if space remains! After you sign this form, we will contact you to confirm that space remains available and confirm that your child is signed up.